- Name: Malaysia
- Location: Southeastern Asia, south of Vietnam
- Initials: MY
- Time: GMT +8
- International Country Code: +60
- International Access Code: 00
- Language: English/ Inglés - Bahasa Malaysia
- Currency: 1 Ringgit (RM) = 100 Sen
- Population: 28,334,135
- Capital: Kuala Lumpur
- Religions: 67,8% Muslim
- Climate: Tropical; annual southwest (April to October) and northeast (October to February) monsoons
LGBT rights are not recognized in Malaysia.
The nation retains its colonial era penal code criminalizing sodomy.
Social attitudes towards the LGBT community are also shaped by Islam, the official religion in Malaysia.